Phases of War
The Korean War Legacy Foundation is proud to offer this one-of-a-kind interactive map showcasing battles and other historic events during the Korean War. From the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea’s initial attack on June 25, 1950, to the signing of the Armistice on July 27, 1953, explore the four phases of the war, and discover the significance of each battle and event.
Explore the phases of the Korean War utilizing these features:
- Zoom – Located at the top left, select the “+” and “-” icons to zoom in to and out of locations on the map.
- Home – Located at the top left, select the home icon to return to the map’s original starting location.
- Legend – Located at the top right, select the first icon to view the color coding of battle victories, atrocities, etc.
- Measurement Tool – Located at the top right, select the second icon to utilize the measurement tool. This can be used to measure distances between battles, cities, etc.
- Timeline – Located at the bottom left, select the clock and “play” to view an animation of Korean War battles and related major events from 1950 to 1953.
- Elevation – Located at the bottom right, select the first icon (from left to right) to generate elevation profiles for specific locations.
- Layers – Located at the bottom right, select the second icon (from left to right) to view the battles and related events during each phase of the war. Turn layers on and off by selecting and deselecting the “eye”.
- Battles and Related Events – Select the battles and related events within the map to learn more about each.