The World History Digital Education Foundation and the Korean War Legacy Foundation are excited to share that we have awarded five Mapae Grants thus far. Mapae Grants allow the teachers in our teacher network to share their knowledge of Korea and the Korean War with fellow educators. The Grants help cover the costs associated with workshops and trainings. Below are the professional learning projects we have supported so far.
- We provided refreshments and materials for a workshop for Florida educators.
- We supported Texas A&M University’s Korean War Pre-Service Teacher Conference for over 100 pre-service teachers. The conference focused on living history and pedagogy as well an enhancing the participants knowledge of the Korean War.
- We funded a viewing of our documentary Beyond the Bridge of No Return for Tennessee veterans, teachers, and the public.
- We helped an Iowa teacher to bring a world-renowned artist who recently painted a commemoration of a Korean War veteran to her school where the artist spoke to veterans and hundreds of elementary students.
- We supported a professional learning experience for Kentucky educators where they learned how to use inquiries on the Korea and the Korean War to help their students engage in an Inquiry Arc.
To apply for a Mapae Grant to support a professional opportunity in your school, organization, or district please visit: https://koreanwardigitalhistoryproject.submittable.com/submit/123541/mapae-grant.